Technique at UCSF
- A technique is a planned process used to accomplish a specific activity or task.
- Assay, Biospecimen preparation, Clinical trial technique, Computational modeling technique, Data acquisition, Data transformation, Grid computing, Imaging technique, Instrument and electronics design, Material processing, Material storage, Non-web programming, Quality control
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center,
Contact: Peyton Jacob, III, PhD 415-282-9495 email@example.com
- Assess exposure to secondhand smoke--high sensitivity. Measure trans-3'-hydroxycotinine, phenotype for CYP2A6 activity by the metabolite ratio
- Assess levels of anabasine/anatabine during nicotine replacement therapy.
- Assess NNAL, probably the best biomarker for secondhand smoke exposure.
- Measure urine concentrations of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) metabolites of naphthalene, fluorene, phenanthrene, and pyrene