Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Research,
Contact: Sandra Canchola 415-476-5045 CancholaS@ptrehab.ucsf.edu
- Neurological Exam - mice are examined for basic sensory and motor function.
- Partition Test - a test to measure investigative behavior.
- Resident Intruder Test - in this test, the amount of time that a "test" mouse spends exploring an "intruder" stimulus mouse is used to measure social investigation and examine social behaviors.
- Tube Dominance Test - a simple task utilizes a piece of clear plexiglass tubing of assigned length, mice are released at opposite ends. The test concludes when one mouse exerts dominance and forces the other back out of the tube.
- von Frey Filaments - this test consists of thin calibrated plastic filaments applied to the plantar surface of the hindpaw.The evoked hindpaw withdrawal is is defined as the withdrawal threshold.