Animal activity monitoring system at UCSF
Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease,
Contact: General Inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elevated plus maze (Hamilton Kinder)
- Fear conditioning apparatus (San Diego Instruments)
- Passive avoidance chamber (San Diego Instruments)
- Startle chambers (Hamilton Kinder)
Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Research,
Contact: Sandra Canchola 415-476-5045 CancholaS@ptrehab.ucsf.edu
- Beam Balance Test - an animal is placed on a narrow beam, the ability to maintain balance and/or traverse the beam is evaluated.
- CatWalk (Noldus) - an automated gait analysis system that allows easy quantitation of a large number of locomotor parameters using a walkway crosing which is videoed and recorded on the computer.
- Crawley Three-Chamber Test
- Elevated Plus Maze (2) - (EPM) is a rodent model of anxiety that is used as a screening test for putative anxiolytic or anxiogenic compounds and as a general research tool in neurobiological anxiety research.
- Elevated Zero Maze (2) - (EZM) is a rodent model of anxiety that is used as a screening test for putative anxiolytic or anxiogenic compounds and as a general research tool in neurobiological anxiety research.
- EthoVision (Noldus) - Video tracking system for automation of behavioral experiments
- Inclined Plane - an animal is placed on a platform that can be raised to varying angles.
- Kinder Open Field (2) - The open field test (OFT) is a commonly used qualitative and quantitative measure of general locomotor activity and willingness to explore in rodents.
- Morris Water Maze-is a behavioral procedure widely used in behavioral neuroscience to study spatial learning and memory.
- Parallel Rod Floor Test - a model of ataxia in mice. It alows the simultaneous measurment of ataxia and locomotor activity.
- Paw Thermal Stimulation (San Diego Instruments) - Also known as Hargreaves test, a thermal stimulus is generated by a focused light bulb. Hindpaws are stimulated, the response to these stimuli consists of withdrawal. Latency is recorded.